COLORADO GOVERNORS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
A PROGRAM OF QF & TLI
Fellowship candidates are mid-career executives who exhibit initiative, ambition and curiosity—and, above all, professional success and leadership. Our highly selective determination process seeks leaders who want to bring their best ideas to Colorado, affect change and make an enduring difference. All nominations are subject to final approval from the Governor.
FELLOWSHIP CANDIDATES MUST:
- Be a mid- to high-level executive in the private or nonprofit sector
- Demonstrate professional renown
- Be actively engaged in the community through volunteerism and board membership
- Hold peer commendations and endorsements
- Be 35+ years old
- Be interested in applying your leadership skills in government, public sector initiatives and community engagement
- Applications and Nominations will be accepted until 11:59pm on February 28, 2018.
- The Colorado Governors Fellowship Program Selection Committee will review all nominations and applications from the private and nonprofit sectors for the 2018-2019 class of Fellows.
- Candidates invited to the next round will be notified by March 16, 2018.
- Interviews will be conducted by the Selection Committee between April 2, 2018 and April 5, 2018.
- Final selections made by May 1, 2018.
ALL FELLOWS MUST ATTEND:
- All seven* of the all-day Fellowship sessions (see calendar)
- The Inauguration event in June 2018
- The Civic Intensathon in May 2019
*a maximum of one absence is allowed
Fellows should attend all lunches with the Governor and all shadow sessions.
Please note that excessive absence from the Program not only diminishes your experience but also prevents other candidates who might have a more forgiving schedule from participating.
Fellows who miss more than one all-day session, the Inauguration event and/or the Civic Intensathon are not eligible for their graduation certificate from the Program.
“Engaging all sectors – business, non-profit and government – into state work is really important. The Governors’ Fellowship Program has vast potential to create more engaged and informed future state leaders. Participants in the program should feel deeply honored that both present and past Governors support their development.”
— Bill Ritter, Governor, 2007 – 2011 (D)
The Colorado Governors Fellowship Program takes inspiration from the following federal organizations, which were created to engage emerging leaders in challenging, but important, public service capacities while promoting citizenship more broadly.
The inaugural Colorado Governors Fellowship Program was launched on June 29, 2016…
View photos of our past events.
View videos of our past events.
“Quarterly Forum has become a civic institution in Denver.”
–Cole Finegan, Hogan Lovells